Learn more about honey by browsing our original articles below. Our team focuses on researching and writing about the nutritional benefits, unique properties, and helpful applications of nature's sweet treat.
- Will Eating Local Raw Honey Help Your Allergies?
- Has anyone ever told you that eating local honey will help alleviate seasonal allergy symptoms? Fact, fiction, or simply an old wives' tale? In this article, we take a look at whether there's enough scientific evidence to support this claim.
- Raw Honey vs Sugar
- If you're looking for a side by side nutritional comparison of raw honey and sugar - then this is your article. We examine the macro and micro nutrient composition of both, including specific call-outs on calories, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and antioxidant activity.
- Does Raw Honey Expire?
- How long does raw honey last? What is crystallized honey? We answer those questions in this article, and take a deep look at the science behind honey's longevity.
- The Benefits of Honey on Skin
- It's hard to find an ingredient more popular in skincare and beauty products than honey...and it's no fad. Used to treat a variety of skincare issues for centuries, here we cover the history, science, and popular uses of honey for your skin.
- The Hibernation Diet
- Mike McInnes, a former pharmacist and author of The Hibernation Diet advocates that you can sleep better, wake up recharged, and lose weight by eating a couple tablespoons of honey before going to bed. Think those claims seem too good to be true? Click through to learn more about this diet.
- How Effective is a Spoonful of Honey for Your Sore Throat?
- Can honey actually serve as a better cough suppressant than your typical OTC cough syrup? If you've ever had honey recommended to you as a natural remedy for a cough, cold, or sore throat - this article details the science behind those claims.
- Save Calories by Baking with Honey Instead of Sugar
- 6,345 calories. That's how many calories you could save just by baking with honey instead of sugar. Check our math for yourself by clicking through to this infographic that details a year's worth of calorie savings - achieved by subbing honey for sugar in the baked goods you eat.
More articles coming soon...